These 3 ingredient crumpets are a nice variation on an oat, egg and fruit based breakfast. Options on your eating plan can be amended to fit within these ratios so get in touch with if you would like to give them a go. High in fibre, high in protein, no processed ingredients and quick to make. Enjoy!
1 cup of rolled oats
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mill the oats in a Nutribullet or blender until fine.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until mixture becomes a batter.
3. Heat large flat based pan on the stovetop at a medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
4. Measure out a dessert or tablespoon of the batter for each crumpet into the heated pan.
5. Cook on one side until bubbles appear on the surface then flip to cook the other side.
6. Serve the crumpets with fresh fruit, honey and/or fat free plain cottage cheese.
Dietitian in Private Practice in Umhlanga and Ballito South Africa.